A couple of notes to keep in mind:
- All open roles are part-time independent contractor positions, and work is done remotely.
- Roles are funded for at least the next three years.
- There is potential for immediate expansion of responsibility and compensation for each role.
- All roles can be filled by one person. Consider submitting your desire to be considered for one or more roles, based on your interest, competence, and capacity. If you believe you are a good fit for multiple roles, we’ll be happy to consider you for all to which you apply.
- Northwest Early Learning Coalition is committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability, or perceived disability.
Regional Lead and Facilitator
If you are a purpose-driven, self-starter who can work independently and know how to bring people together, build trusted relationships, and coordinate several moving parts, this could be your opportunity to thrive.
Purpose of the role: Coordinate regional priorities between five counties and maintain connectivity between work in the northwest region with the statewide strategy and priorities using the Help Me Grow framework.
Key competencies of the ideal candidate
- Big picture thinker
- Ability to hold a neutral, regional perspective in the face of competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong coordination skills
This is a part-time independent contractor position with a minimum commitment of 55 hours a month.
If you’re someone who is naturally organized, great at scheduling, tracking, following through on details, and keeping documents accurate and up-to-date, your talents will be valued and appreciated!
Purpose of the role: Steward and stabilize the Coalition’s formal meetings, records, and record-keeping processes.
Key competencies of the ideal candidate:
- Extremely organized
- Good communicator
- Proficient with various types of technology.
- Comfortable and willing to learn new applications
This is a part-time independent contractor position with a minimum commitment of 10 hours a month.
Regional Event Coordinator
If you love planning and handling all the details for events, and know what it takes to do a successful fundraiser, this is a great opportunity to use your skills for a great cause.
You won’t be starting from scratch and you’ll have lots of help from the Advisory Panel members. We’ve been putting on a successful brunch annually for several years and have a proven format, strong following, and great resources.
Purpose of the role: An event that informs, educates, inspires, and raises money for the Coalition’s regional work.
Key competencies of the ideal candidate: Virtual event design, planning, working with volunteers, strong communication, and organizational skills.
Compensation: $5,000 flat rate for a single virtual event.
Additional funds are available for event expenses.
How to apply
If any of these roles are a fit for you, we invite you to submit a Letter of Interest with responses to the relevant questions below, along with a current resume.
by Friday, October 9, 2020.
Submit via email to Melissa Ransdell at
Your submission will be reviewed and we will be scheduling interviews with selected candidates, (as well as following up with those who are not selected) in mid-October. We hope to fill the positions quickly.