Outreach Program Advocate
Posted on July 10th, 2019
Skagit/Mount Vernon Office
Click here for more information!
Two Openings for Instructors of English for Speakers of Other Languages – July 1st
Position 1 – Fulltime and offers a starting salary range of approximately $41,000 to $45,000 per year, along with a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and matching 403(b).
Position 2 – Halftime, salaried position – with slimmer benefits – that starts roughly in the $21,000 to $23,000 range, depending on skills and experience.
- Experience preparing and delivering dynamic, varied ESOL lessons
- Student-centered teaching approach and familiarity with growth mindset
- TESOL experience
- Willingness and ability to teach various workplace-skills classes in addition to ESOL (e.g., customer service, cashiering, basic computer classes)
- Flexibility, willingness to teach until 7 pm two nights a week
- Cultural responsiveness, with a demonstrated commitment to promoting equity in the workplace and community
- Language proficiency, especially in Spanish, Mixteco, Russian, and/or Punjabi
- Positivity, empathy, resiliency, and strong interpersonal communication skills
- Comfort representing Goodwill at public events in the community
Saturday, June 15th
No-Cost Training June 21st
Skagit providers have priority. This is open to anyone in Skagit County who is working with childbearing families and provides:
6.75 CEUs for LICSW, LMHC, LMFT
6.75 contact hours (CNEs) for nurses
Click the Photo to View
See Local Events – Click the Picture Below
PFLAG Hosting Free Training
Training Monday June 3rd from 5:30-7:30 at the Burlington Library. Click here to view the Facebook event!