Addressing Models of Care that Support Mother and Baby
NAS: Addressing Models of Care that Support Mother and Baby
- Jessamyn Ressler-Maerlender, MPH, CPXP
1.5 contact hours are available for this activity through January 15, 2022.
This session focuses on strategies for supporting mothers, babies, and families affected by neonatal abstinence syndrome and opioid use. Using case studies and discussion, participants will be able to identify improved models of care and their impact on patient experience, trauma-informed care, and transition to home.
- Explore new models of care for infants suffering from Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Compare and contrast these new approaches with the traditional care provided to these infants
- Identify specific strategies for supporting the opioid exposed mother and baby during the hospital experience and beyond
- Repudiate common myths with facts about opioid addiction and recovery
- Discuss incorporating new approaches into your own practice, unit and institution
Please follow the steps on the attached PDF to access the free Webinar training.
– Start here https://www.marchofdimes.org/nursing