It’s almost that time of year again when preschool teachers and caregivers around the region have the chance to reflect and share about the children that they’ll be sending off to kindergarten in the fall. To help with this process, Pre-K Kindergarten Transition Forms support pre-k teachers to share their deep understanding of students’ strengths, needs, passions, and idiosyncrasies with their future kindergarten teachers. This communication and connection does a great deal for our young scholars. Here’s what you need to know:
If you’ve participated in this program in the past:
- We will continue to collect the forms in two batches. The first batch needs to be received at NWESD by May 15th. The second (and final) deadline is June 30th.
- To access the forms themselves and reminders about how to complete them, etc., visit: https://www.nwesd.org/prek-ktransitionreport/
If you are an early learning provider who is new to this program:
- Please check out the attached PowerPoint for information about the history, purpose, and function of the reports
- Find reports, guides, and other supporting materials here: https://www.nwesd.org/prek-ktransitionreport/
- Contact me if you have questions or concerns
If you’re a school district partner, please expect a shipment of reports for your incoming kindergarten students in late June and another one in mid-July. Reports are best utilized by the Kindergarten team for placement (when timing allows) and/or in preparing for students prior to the start of school. Please be on the lookout for these reports and be prepared to distribute them as soon as possible to teachers or teams. If you are not the best person to receive and distribute reports in your school district, please let me know the best contact and address for shipments.
Feel free to reach out with any questions and/or concerns that come up for you.
Thank you all for your help in coordinating this important resource for early learning connections! The incredible kinder teachers in our region will be more ready for their next crop of young students who will benefit greatly from this collaborative effort!
Director of Early Learning and Migrant Education
Northwest Educational Service District
1601 R Avenue | Anacortes, WA 98221
360-299-4045 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.nwesd.org | Facebook | Twitter